What is Zinc?
Zinc is a nutrient found in the human body, helping the immune system and metabolic functions. It is considered an essential nutrient, which means that the human body cannot produce it naturally and, because of this, it is very important to consume it regularly as part of our diet.
Benefits of Zinc
Zinc is essential for the development of immune cells, as many as one hundred different enzymes in the body depend on zinc. Fundamental to skin health, DNA synthesis and protein production, this mineral plays a critical role in collagen synthesis, immune function and inflammatory response.
- Normal functioning of the immune system.
- Protects cells against oxidative stress.
- Protects fertility and reproductive system
- Maintains testosterone levels in the blood.
- Supports the normal functioning of vision.
- Contributes to healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Improves the maintenance of the bone system.
How to consume Zinc?
Many foods of both animal and plant origin are rich in zinc, so consuming adequate levels of this mineral is relatively easy. However, if your zinc levels fall below what is recommended, there are a variety of supplements that can help:
Holland & Barrett Zinc 25mg - 250 tablets
Chelated zinc is easily absorbed by the body because it is bound to an organic molecule.
Available from Holland & Barrett.