Did you know that regular physical exercise is very beneficial in the prevention, development and rehabilitation of health?
Doing sports regularly helps maintain body weight, increases muscle tone and strength, improves physical shape and endurance, flexibility and joint mobility, maintains bone density, improves endurance to insulin, regulates blood pressure, reduces the feeling of fatigue, increases self-esteem, reduces stress and depression, relaxes... There are many reasons why it is recommended to do sport.
Complements to prevent injuries
The athlete's diet must cover the expense derived from the extra effort. Each type of training requires a specific diet to achieve maximum performance. Did you know that in a resistance exercise a good supply of carbohydrates must be ensured, while in strength training the protein consumption must be increased?
If you practice sports regularly, we advise you to complement your diet with natural products to improve your activity and prevent possible injuries. Do you want to know the 11 most suitable natural supplements? Keep reading!
The 11 natural supplements for practicing sports that are most suitable for athletes
• Coconut water: complete restoration of fluids after sports practice It is key to recovering muscle tone. If the exercise is short-lived or not very intense, it is enough to drink water before, during and after the effort made to ensure proper hydration. In case of greater physical demand, it is recommended to resort to isotonic drinks. Coconut water is a althealthy alternative to sports drinks due to its low calorie content and its natural contribution of water and electrolytes. Thanks to its mild sweet flavor, it does not cause nausea or a feeling of a full stomach.
• Hemp Protein: during exercise there is a greater degree of breakdown of muscle proteins, which is why it is important to reinforce our protein intake.Hemp protein isideal for athletes who want to increase their performance. It has high biological value, is highly digestible and is also rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, in the perfect ratio. It can be taken mixed in water, broth, juice or sprinkled on soup, vegetables or salad.
• Collagen: is the majority protein in our body and anessential component of bones, ligaments, tendons, cartilage and skin.Complementing your diet with a daily intake of 10 grams of pure hydrolyzed collagen will help you maintain the good condition of joints, bones and muscles, avoiding its wear. In addition, collagen prevents the appearance of osteoarthritis in athletes and reduces recovery time in sprains, traumas and injuries.
• Pollen: it is a source of protein and amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (potassium, silicon , calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, sulfur, chlorine, iron and copper).Increases resistance to physical effort and vitality in general. Taking one tablespoon a day, on an empty stomach, we will appreciate a physical improvement.
• Shark cartilage: protects the joint structure,improves mobilization and reduces inflammation and pain, thanks to its chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine content.
• Vitaminated alcohol: it is a lotion for external use, formulated fortone the muscles and promote their recovery after exercise. In addition, it hascalming effect in case of joint pain and inflammation. It is a macerate of plants traditionally used for their anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. Contains devil's claw, arnica, lavender, St. John's wort and rosemary.
• Calcium: this mineral is part of bones, connective tissue and muscles and isessential for blood circulation. It is important in muscle contraction and relaxation, and as a chemical transmitter in nerve impulses.
• Potassium: during intense exercise in which sweating is maximum a lack of potassium can occur. Potassium balances the water level in the body, and participates in the contraction of the heart and the transmission of nerve impulses. Apotassium deficiency causes tiredness, muscle pain, weakness and asthenia.
• Magnesium: promotes the absorption of calcium and is essential for functioning of the heart and muscles, as it relaxes them. Helps maintain bone structure,reduces fatigue and the appearance of cramps and contractures.
• Sodium: it has an essential role in thedistribution of water in the body. A lack of sodium causes nausea, vomiting, cramps, visual disturbances and headache, while an excess causes hypertension.
• Iron: It is necessary for the synthesis of hemoglobin, responsible fortransport of oxygen to the organs and muscles, as well as for correct use of vitamin B. An iron deficiency causes anemia.
Fortunately, with just one or two capsules we can offer you the best solutions to obtain all the benefits of each product in a comfortable way. Since at Holland and Barrett we are leaders in sports supplements, that is why we always recommend going to a specialist if you have any questions.
Now you know how to improve your performance while preserving your joint and muscle health, what are you waiting for to include it in your diet?