Did you know that regular physical exercise is very beneficial in the prevention, development and rehabilitation of health?
Doing sport on a regular basis helps maintain body weight, increases muscle tone and strength, improves physical fitness and endurance, flexibility and joint mobility, maintains bone density, improves insulin resistance, regulates blood pressure, reduces the feeling of fatigue, increases self-esteem, reduces stress and depression, relaxes... There are many reasons for which sport is recommended. reasons for which it is recommended to do sport.
Supplements to prevent injuries
The athlete's diet must cover the expenditure derived from the extra effort. Each type of training requires a specific diet to achieve maximum performance. Did you know that in an endurance exercise you should ensure a good intake of carbohydrates, while in strength training you should increase protein intake?
If you practice sports regularly, we advise you to supplement your diet with natural products to improve your activity and prevent possible injuries. Do you want to know the 11 most suitable natural supplements? Read on!
The 11 natural sports supplements most suitable for sportsmen and sportswomen
- Coconut waterThe complete restoration of fluids after sports practice is key to the recovery of muscle tone. If the exercise is short-lived or not very intense, it is sufficient to drink water before, during and after exercise to ensure proper hydration. In the case of greater physical demands, isotonic drinks are recommended. Coconut water is a healthyalternative to isotonic beverages.healthy alternative to sports drinks, due to its low calorie content its low calorie content and its natural supply of water and electrolytes. Thanks to its mild sweet taste, it does not cause nausea or a feeling of full stomach.
- Hemp ProteinHemp protein: during exercise there is a higher degree of muscle protein breakdown, so it is important to reinforce our protein intake.ideal for athletes who want to increase their performance.. It has high biological value, is highly digestible and is also rich in omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids, in the perfect ratio. It can be mixed in water, broth, juice or sprinkled in soup, vegetables or salad.
- Collagen: is the major protein in our body and an essential component of bones, ligaments, tendons, cartilage and skin.essential component of bones, ligaments, tendons, cartilage and skin..Supplement your diet with a daily intake of 10 grams of pure hydrolyzed collagen will help you tomaintain the good condition of joints, bones and muscles, preventing their wear and tear.. In addition, collagen prevents the onset of osteoarthritis in athletes and reduces recovery time in sprains, trauma and injuries.
- Pollenis a source of protein and amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements (potassium, silicon, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, sulfur, chlorine, iron and copper).Increases resistance to physical effort and vitality in general.. Taking a spoonful a day, on an empty stomach, we will appreciate a physical improvement.
- Shark cartilageprotects the articular structure,improves mobilization and reduces inflammation and pain, thanks to its chondroitin sulfate and glucosaminethanks to its chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine content.
- Vitaminized alcoholis a lotion for external use, formulated totoning the musculature and promoting its recovery after exercise.. It also hassoothing effect in case of joint pain and inflammation. It is a macerate of plants traditionally used for their anti-inflammatory and pain relieving properties. It contains devil's claw, arnica, lavender, hypericum and rosemary.
- CalciumCalcium: this mineral is part of the bones, connective tissue and muscles and is essential for blood circulation.essential for blood circulation.. It is important in muscle contraction and relaxation, and as a chemical transmitter in nerve impulses.
- PotassiumPotassium : during intense exercise with maximum perspiration, potassium deficiency may occur. Potassium balances the water level in the body, and is involved in heart contraction and nerve impulse transmission. Apotassium deficiency causes tiredness, muscle pain, weakness and asthenia..
- MagnesiumMagnesium : helps the absorption of calcium and is essential for the functioning of the heart and muscles, as it relaxes them. Helps maintain bone structure,reduces fatigue and the appearance of cramps and contractures..
- Sodiumplays an essential role in thedistribution of water in the body. A lack of sodium causes nausea, vomiting, ramps, visual disturbances and headache, while an excess causes hypertension.
- Iron: is necessary for the synthesis of hemoglobin, responsible for the transport of oxygen to organs and muscles.transport of oxygen to the organs and musclesIt is also necessary for the correct utilization of vitamin B. An iron deficiency causes anemia.
Fortunately, with only one or two capsules we can offer you the best solutions to obtain all the benefits of each product in a comfortable way. Since at Holland and Barrett we are leaders in sports supplements, that is why we always advise you to go to a specialist in case of doubts.
Now you know how to improve your performance while preserving your joint and muscle health, what are you waiting for to include it in your diet?